Tuesday 9 October 2007

Daily Life

We are on a roll with our blogging now. This is another mobile update just about to pull into Leeds station after a 4.30 alarm for me and poor Kevin to drive me to the station at 5.15am. The joy of a one car family! Although we are both early risers usually anyway so I think it's good to have a bit more time together. The topic of conversation for this morning's journey was the merits of additional water tanks and / or filters over a water maker - spiraling into a generator to run the water maker. I am actually struggling to think what normal couples must find to talk about everyday! Luckily we have added to our sailing friends last week after meeting Jonny and Kate through a sailing forum. They leave July next year and will be doing a very similar route. They also live in Newcastle (where I work) and have their boat in Fleetwood about 20 mins from us. I went for diner with them last week and it was great to talk through our reasons for the trip, frustrations over Home Info Packs etc!

This weekend we had planned to meet them at their boat Newtsville to have a look and for Kevin to meet them. Unfortunately for our plans but fantastically in every other way England beat Australia in the Rugby Union World Cup quarter finals. So I'm afraid that a few too many beers were consumed with our friends Jill and Phil who were staying with us. I'm told it's the nerves that caused it! Either that or it was our endless sailing plans, but they seemed to take it well enough. So with results of the other shock defeat of New Zealand that really rounded off dinner!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think I'm still in shock too over the rugby - can barely stand to watch it this weekend!
Looking forward to meeting Kev too and showing you around Newtsville when we all manage to get together.
Know what you mean about conversations - found myself standing in the shower this morning thinking "If I run the cables for the windlass under the sink and through a cupboard is it easier than running them over the water tanks and under the toilet"!!

Have fun! Good luck with the house sale (ours has been up a week now - fingers crossed!)

Jonny