Sunday 2 December 2007

Ugrib

One of the good things about running a blog is that from time to time you make contact with like mined people, guess that is the point of running a blog.

The other day we received an email from Steve Hayles who turns out to be the author and developer behind Ugrib the weather forecasting software, which I have been using for some time now and I think it’s brilliant!

Steve has informed me that the software is written and serviced from the UK. So apologies from my last mention of this as I described them as a bunch of American sailor / developers.

Steve comes from Christchurch on the South Coast of England and is a professional racing navigator. It’s good to know that the person behind the development of a product has a very clear understanding of its requirements.

Below is a link to Steve site, which is not bad either.

http://www.grib.us/Home/tabid/36/Default.aspx

Steve keep up the good work and I will be keeping a close eye on Ugrib, which as far as I concerned is the find of the century.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think your stories are very inspirational and a once in a life time oppertunity. I can't wait to see what you get up to in your adventures. Hope you keep all of us posted with your news as it is so interesting.
David T.

Kev & Jo said...

David,

Thanks for the support, your comment has shamed us into updating as it has been a while. It will certainly be a pleasure to write about our travels and we'd be pleased to provide inspiration, hopefully for others to do the same.
Jo & Kev