Monday 17 November 2008

Atlantic Passage: Mindelo to Martinique - Day 11

Happy Birthday to me (Jo)! The chocolate and wine is chilling again for
dinner as today is my 33rd birthday and not one I think I will forget being
celebrated two-thirds of the way across the Atlantic! I watched the most
fantastic sunrise before Kevin relieved me at 6am and I got to have a long
lie in this morning which was heavenly. The wind has not decided to join the
celebrations though and progress is steady today, still the sun is out and
we had some splashes of rain to clean the boat first thing which is well
appreciated (though none of the infamous Atlantic squalls yet). We have just
seen an enormous container carrier without containers, the first shipping
traffic in days. We will also probably make the three-quarters mark
tomorrow, still no prediction of arrival yet though with the haphazard wind
strengths. However, Kevin did manage to get a Sun-Run-Sun position (using
sextant) within half a mile of our GPS position yesterday which is
excellent.

Distance covered noon to noon: 136nM
Position @ noon: Lat 14 42.872N, Long 48 55.975W
Total distance = 1483nM
Distance to run = 698nM

No comments: