Friday 20 March 2009

Freeman's Bay, English Harbour, Antigua

Today was the final stage of the boat jobs to clean the boat from top to bottom now that all the maintenance was finished for now. We were expecting Tracy & Ian to pop over for iPod swaps and as their boat was spotless when they showed us round we thought we better make sure Invincible was too. We also popped to the shops for some fresh supplies. I have finally relented after 22 years as an ever decreasing vegetarian (I now eat fish) and I have said to Kevin that I will try some chicken to make life easier for cooking onboard; so he doesn’t only get meat when people visit or we eat out. So he made sure were straight to the shop to buy some!


Views of Freeman's Bay


Views of Freeman's Bay

Ian and Tracy came round in the late afternoon and had the grand tour, they have been slowly wavering towards the extra living space on a catamaran and so made suitable noises of approval about Invincible. I then trained Ian up on the iPod software I have to swap tracks and we swapped iPods for the evening. They also invited us to the Wild Mongoose bar’s Happy Hour to meet some other cruising friends of theirs – Tim & Bev from Keighley who came across on the ARC. Tim is an ex-undertaker and so had some very funny inside stories to tell us! As these things go the couple of drinks turned into several more and then a pizza on the way home so I had a stay of execution on my chicken eating!

No comments: