Thursday 15 January 2009

The Lagoon, St. George's, Grenada

Thursday morning I ventured out on my own for a hair cut, supermarket run and to do some laundry at the Yacht club. Candice looked after me very well in here new salon which she had just opened for herself. She is a very hard working young mother of two with big plans for the future and I am sure she will do well. We discussed and agreed my hair styling for the big day and I was very pleased with her ideas and looking forward to going back.

The local men are very flirtaeous in the Caribbean, not just with tourists but every woman passing by and it always amuses me the difference when I walk on my own compared to with Kevin. However, it is all good humoured and a mention of a husband is usually enough.

I spent a nice hour or two with my book in the shaded terrace of the Grenada yacht club whilst waiting for our slot on the self-service washing machine and doing the laundry. I also made use of their book swap, the first one I have found so far which had books I wanted to read.

We are fairly busy back at the boat too with arrangements for the wedding, coordinating travel plans and trips etc during the week which is made easier by the flaky but free WiFi provided by Island Water World. Unfortunately bad news from Lucille, The Beach House restaurant where we planned to have the wedding reception have taken an exclusive booking for 120 guests on valentine’s day and we can’t now use it for the reception. So we are having to look at Plan B options. Therefore a quiet evening in, with more Wahoo fillets with excellent local Pak Choi stir fried which is a new favourite.

No comments: