Thursday 7 May 2009

Ocean World Marina, Cofresi, Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic

Another day at the marina, we discover that disaster has struck that morning, one of my beloved Crocks flip flops has blown off the dock (we take our shoes off before coming on board). We instigate a search downwind across the marina and to the opposite beach. We do not manage to find the escapee, but do find literally dozens of odd shoes which makes me feel a bit better that it is not just me that has made that error!

I go to do the laundry at the gleaming brand new on site facility. There is an attendant there for service washes, but this would I think be rather extravagant when we are sat there on the boat 4oo yards away not very busy. My Spanish is very rusty and his English nonexistent, so we settle for nods and smiles and he sings loudly to the radio instead whilst I read my book.

Kevin has been looking at the weather and it looks like we can leave tomorrow. We make up the bunks etc in the afternoon and continue with some more planning. We decide to head outside the complex for a last drink in Dominican Republic in the evening. We are a little disappointed to have seen so little of the island as it is one of our favourites so far, but vow to return another time to tour more extensively.

No comments: