Sunday 12 August 2007

Booking Tickets

Today we have been onto the Southampton boat show web site to ‘book online’, which would allow us to get the combi-ticket at a cheaper price than for paying for 2 individual days. We are planning on going on both the Saturday and Sunday with a lot of research to complete.

Should be a relatively simple task to fill in one form for the tickets, it was, but the page just does not accept your payment without a customer ‘URN’ number.

How do you get a ‘URN’ number, you must pay for the tickets via our web site and we will send you your ‘URN’ number with your order, Ah, I see the logic now, of course its me I am stupid.

Whilst I am on the phone, do you accept orders over the phone, yes you do, great, let’s do that then. I am a great believer in keeping it simple.

I am amazed at how many times this happens to me, placing orders over the internet, does no one check their programming anymore. Especially where financial transactions are involved, makes me wonder just how secure paying via a web page which does not work anyway, really is, rant over.

No comments: