Thursday 31 July 2008

San Sebastian , La Gomera


First of all today we all woke up and had some breakfast Jo and I had cornflakes and Sean and Dad had a full English breakfast.

We then began to get ready for another day out in the car as we still have it, I went to the bakery to get some bread rolls so we could have a picnic whilst we were out, when I got back we made the sandwiches then we got our things together and set off.



First of all we had a drive up to the north side of the island so we could see some of the national park which was nice because it was very green and had lots of banana plants and also on our journey we saw the clouds pour over the top of the hills which was moving quite fast and made it look like a waterfall.



We then made our way to beach playa strand were we had a look around to see if it was suitable to go in for a dive and it turned out that it was, so we unpacked all of the kit out of the car and me and Dad got ready to go in.

I thought that our dive was really good because the water was very clear and it was also very warm and there was lots of fish about. We saw some puffer fish, lots of sea urchins, some blennies and lots of various colourful wrasses also we saw some sea slugs and sea cucumbers



Then when me and Dad got out it was Jo and Sean’s turn and this was Sean’s first ever dive.

Alex Penney

Now it was my turn, Jo was showing me the basics of diving.
Then we were ready to go in I was feeling a little nervous.
We walked in and I got to waist length in the in the water then dropped to my knees and put my head under the water then I got my confidence.
Jo took me down to where Kevin and Alex went.
I really enjoyed it seeing all those different fish which was similar to what Alex and Kevin saw.
I hope to go again soon.



Sean Penney

We have all been to the cave bar to have a few drinks and we are about to be treated to some of Dads fish curry which apparently is very nice and then it will probably be off to bed for all of us because we are all very tired.

No comments: