Friday 20 June 2008

Los Coloradas, Lanzarote

We welcomed our guests on board about 11am, the first my parent had seen of our boat, although they had seen a demo version at the Southampton Boat Show. Angelo and Michelle I have also know since I was a teenager and when I learnt to dive at Misterton Sub-Aqua Club of which my dad and sister Nikki were members. So, it was great to do the guided tour and show them all round. We all had a cuppa and made plans for sailing the next day as they were all itching to go for their first sailing trip. We were also invited for a barbecue in the evening at my parent’s villa, which I had not yet visited. They all headed off for a shopping trip and around 15:00pm my dad arrived in their hire car to give us a lift to Los Coloradas and return the guided tour.



We all had a very pleasant evening, they had prepared a real feast for the barbecue with giant king prawns, fresh fish and an enormous steak which Kevin really enjoyed having been eating with me for several weeks (I don’t eat red meat). We all had a swim in their pool after eating just as the evening drew in as it was balmy 36 degrees in the water due the super efficient solar heating used! It was lovely, but you really didn’t want to get out!



Kevin and I had a lovely stroll along the seafront route from Los Coloradas which takes you directly to Marina Rubicon. We could not believe how quiet it was all around, despite their being villas all along the route. It was a full moon and the walk was a lovely end to a great day.

No comments: