Saturday 25 April 2009

Cane Garden Bay, Tortola, BVI

Saturday morning Mike was heading over to Road Town to pick up some things needed before heading off next week. Our Camping Gas cylinder had run out the night before so Kevin went with him for a refill. We had invited Mike and Jean over for drinks that night so I was busy cleaning the boat and catching up on the blog. I agreed I would pick up Jean to pop to the minimarket in our dingy when I left, but was caught out by the Kevin and Mike arriving before I expected.

I finished up the cleaning and Jean and I headed off to the shops. I got some beer and wine supplies for the night and some fresh food and then we headed back for some lunch, having both been caught out by the men sneaking off for lunch at the now favourite Chinese in Road Town.

It was another rainy afternoon and I just managed to get my swim in before Mike and Jean were due over that evening. They arrived loaded with laptops as we had agreed to swap various boating related files and Mike and I set that off whilst Kevin provided Jean with a tour of the outside of our boat. The beer and wine flowed freely as we swapped stories and plans for the future and I think a good night was had by all.

No comments: