Wednesday 23 April 2008

Day - 13 Slow day in La Rochelle

Yesterday we went out in 25-30 knot wind speeds to see what the boat could do in these conditions and I am glad to say that it handled the conditions with no problem what so ever. However Paul was feeling sea sick for most of the time, something I don’t suffer with thankfully.

Today we are just having a lazy day of sorts, I have been moving things around the boat to make some sort of an organized approach to the various lockers and holds. Blowing up the fenders we brought with us as the standard ones supplied are on the small side.

Paul looks like he has been in a fight, which he defiantly lost, the bimini is quite low on entering the boat and you need to duck your head, I did warn him due the fact that I lost the same fight in the first week on the boat, but after a few hard whacks you should start to learn about the procedure required. Duck!

The boat is now taking shape and will soon be ready for the big off to the Canaries, to hopefully better weather. I know we are on the Atlantic coast, but the weather system is so varied if defies belief, hence Biscay having it reputation. The good news is that I have downloaded the latest weather predictions and we are in for some sunshine for the next 4-5 days, which I am looking forward to.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi mate. Just a quick note to say I am reading your blog with interest. Fantastic photos of the boat. I am looking forward to seeing it in real life!
Lots of things happening at NST at the moment, which I will fill you in with soon. Have a great time

Paul