Thursday 17 April 2008

Day 7 - Has it been a week already!

Well I am now getting on top of the list of jobs, which needed doing before we get to go off and play.

I have just got WIFI onboard, or as the French say WEFEE, 6 euros for a week’s access, I can cope with that.

The weather is up and down at the moment, brilliant sunshine one day 18 degrees, nearly put my shorts on and torrential rain the next day 9 degrees.

The food is phenomenal, bit pricey, but don’t mind that if the quality is right and it is. The beer is expensive :-( but wine is cheaper than coca cola :-) and it’s good stuff as well. Cant win them all.

The good thing about the rain is that it has been a good test for the boat, checking for leaks around hatches etc and the good news is, no leeks, not a single one.

Some of the crew will be arriving on Saturday and all being well and the weather gods permitting we will push off and do some sailing.

My next door neighbour is a French man called Bernard 65 years of age, who has bought a similar boat and he invited Alex and myself to dinner last night, spaghetti, very nice, he has crossed the Atlantic four times across to St Barts were he now lives, so he was telling us a few yarns about his travels, he had quite a few after all he has been cruising for the best part of 20 years, not bad eh!

Alex is helping out and has taken about 30 quid off me at cards in the evening, dont know were she has learned to become a shark. Anyway for winning at cards you also get to scrub the decks!

2 comments:

Kristoff said...

I've just been catching up on your blog and reading previous posts. I must say, I'm still insanely jelous of you!!

I've subscribed to the RSS feed now, so I look forward to keeping up with your travels.

I see you mentioned wine being cheaper than coca cola, that is my idea of heaven, as I am a big fan of vino lé rouge (was that good french, it's been quite a while)

Looking forward to more blogs from you.

Kris (Andrew's friend)

P.S. Cheers for being so friendly to me (a stranger) at The Ship in Elswick, and yeah, BON VOYAGE!!

Kev & Jo said...

Kris, thank you for the kind comments and I hope you like reading our blog.

Regards,

Kev