Monday 28 April 2008

Day 18 - Meeting new friends

Today has been one of the busiest yet, but good progress has been made on the electronics installation. Raymarine C80, GPS, Radar and Autopilot.

Plus I have measured up and drawn a stand for the compressor and generator, which I intend to keep in the engine bays, for storage that is, in use they will be out of the engine bay and well cleaned before returning. I have tracked down a company in La Rochelle, who has offered to make them out of marine grade aluminium, 10mm plate, which will do nicely. They should be ready on Wednesday, fingers crossed.

Maggie and Ivan dropped in today, other immanent Mahe owners (22nd May) Maggie cant wait, It was really nice to see them, they have sent various emails and even called us up at home for a chat about comparing progress, we meet through our blog. Maggie and Ivan should be here at the same time as Jef and Marin (Mahe 88). Anyway a picture of the happy couple to be. Not that they are not happy anyway, you know what I mean. Good luck and fair winds to Maggie, Ivan, Jef and Marin.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations both. Takes me back 5 years to when I watched my boat being launched just up the road at Les Sables d'Olonne. I'll bet yot can't wait to get out on the open ocean for the first time!

Cheers

Mike ( Jeannius ) http://www.sailbvi.net/Jeannius

Kev & Jo said...

Hi Mike,

You are right, we cant wait, not long before we push off.

Kev & Jo

Jeremy said...

Hello Kev and Jo,

We only met once when I bought your Dinghy off you in February. I'm really pleased to see you are still on schedule and looking forward to your trip.I'll follow your progress with interest. Just to let you know we launched our Malo in Oban at easter and enjoyed a force 7 and Snow to our summer berth at Ardfern. Looking forward to a summer cruising. Will keep in touch


Jeremy

Kev & Jo said...

Hi Jeremy & Clare,

Thanks for the comment, we hope you are enjoying your new boat. Like we are.

Oban is a great place we have both spent many weekends going up and down the sound diving the wrecks and of course a wee dram in the michniche, cant remember how to spell it, but you will know what I mean, Fair winds to you and your new boat. Hope the tender is pulling its weight.