Tuesday 15 April 2008

Day 6: Port des Minimes, La Rochelle

Well what can I say, the last week has been a complete blur, but a nice one at that, I thought it was time to update the blog and spend some time boring people about the totally amazing time we have had the last couple of days in France, the weather is very changeable, we have had one day of torrential rain followed by glorious sunshine every other day, Bernard who owns the Mahe next door was impressed with how fast I catch the sun and turn brown. Ah the sun I don’t care what anyone says, the best medicine in the world, especially when you come form good old blighty.

We still have a lot of work to complete on the boat to get her up to speed for ocean voyaging, but some work you don’t mind doing.

The boat is everything I expected and my expectations were high so no disappointments, which is very rare in these days.

Included are a few pictures of the ‘Spifurl’ for the sailing enthusiasts. This is the first boat to have one!

I will do a full update later when I have chance to play with this enormous sail, first impressions in a word ‘phenomenal’, not for the faint hearted and powers the boat up to speeds, which will easily mortify some of the bigger boats, clearly a spin off from the racing scene. More details to follow…

I am still trying to come to terms with the wow factor every time I see the boat, so without going into to much detail a picture says a thousand words!
























No comments: