Wednesday 2 April 2008

Farewell Bash

I can’t believe how the time is flying by, only 6 days to go before setting off to pick up the boat.

We have decided to have a farewell drink with a few of our friends, the location will be at ‘The Ship’ in Elswick on Saturday night 5th April from 7.00 onwards, all are welcome!

We also had some excellent news yesterday, whilst I was packing up the tools in the garage yesterday, more packing, I heard a knock on the door and it turned out to be our estate agent, who asked would it be possible to let some one in for a viewing, as soon as possible today. Why not? I have nothing better to do than rush round the house and give it a tidy etc….!

… After two viewings in one day, we have now been offered full asking price with an early completion and can they keep all the furniture and fittings?

I checked the time and it was after 12, as it was the first of April, you know what I mean. Anyway it turns out that the offer was genuine. Both Jo and I still keep looking at each other in disbelief. This act has now confirmed that I must take religion more seriously.

Karen from M.I Cats has confirmed that the sea trial and handover will be taking place in La Rochelle on the 10th April, so, all seems to be going to plan.

This afternoon, more packing, this time it will be to empty the wardrobe and reduce this to one bag, send the rest to the charity shop.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I delivered a Mahe 36 from La Rochelle to Cyprus Last year. I was very hapy with the boat, although we had an issue with the helm seat being to fragile and the back of te seat was nearly destroyed within 1000nm. I would recomend speaking with the manufaturer and checking to see whther they have dealt with this floor since this time last year? I had to string mine up to various things attached to the boat.

Kev & Jo said...

Matthew,
Thanks for your comment, we are very much looking forward to getting our boat. Thanks for the tip also, the helm seat has been redesigned since last summer, it is now fibreglass, as I think a few people had problems with the old design. The new seat:
http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2011&d=1193485000
Thanks Kev & Jo